Tuesday, March 12, 2013

MAY BE OUR LAST SNOWFALL OF THE SEASON 

 We were expecting to get about 6/8 inches of snow. Started out as rain and then by 8:30 p.m. it was snow. It was still snowing when I got up. I knew it would be another snow day for the kids. We got about 4 inches here at my house, but down off the mountain, they got none. There was no signs of any snow anywhere when we went out to dance that night. I guess living on the mountain pays off sometimes. I had prepared for the worse. It was suppose to be a heavy snow. They were calling for power outages. Well, you know that meant we would be the first to go. I collected water in everything I could find. I filled the bathtubs with water. I made sure we had batteries and candles. We had plenty of wood for the stove. Well guess what, the power never flickered one time. If I had not done all of this, then we would have lost it the minute it snowed. Oh well, better to be prepared than not. The snow has been nice. Comes and goes quickly. The kids have enjoyed their breaks. But it is so nice to be able to open up the door and see buds on the trees, flowers popping up and the birds singing. SPRING is my favorite time of the year. The beginning of new.












Photobucket

No comments: