Monday, May 11, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY 2009



Well, this was the year that Prom was on Mother's Day weekend. I have been working since Friday on the prom. We started at 4:00 p.m. on Friday night and finally laid my head on my pillow at 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Very long weekend.

It was a great way to spend Mother's Day. I did it all for my big boy. Last prom, last dance and last after prom party. (tears, lots of them). I did cry all day yesterday in between getting up and going back to bed. My Mother's Day was spent cleaning up the mess from after prom and attending the last class of awana's for the year. Not much time for mom. My kids are the reason for my Mother's Day, so I put everything I had into making them happy.

As I read other blogs, I see how many enjoyed their Mother's Day by gifts, brunch and family time. I enjoyed my day doing things for my kids. No special lunch or brunch (left over pizza from after prom). But you know what, it was one of the best Mother's Days I have every had. We spent time together. Time that I will not have with Tyler in about 3 months. In a month, he will be making a grand step in life. Ok, can't talk about it, TEARS AND MORE TEARS. May be one day I can.

Anyway, I had a great Mother's Day even though it was not spent celebrating with a great lunch. It was spent with my kids and that is all that matters.

Enjoy the prom pictures. I have plenty more, just no time to put them up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool night! And what a handsome man you have! I feel your pain about him going away. Jacob has been gone for a while and now Travis is getting things in line for his last year of high school!

Moms make sacrifices all the time because we love our kids, and even if that comes on Mother's Day! Your awesome...I know they all love you and appreciate you so much!

Robin said...

Great pictures. I actually loved Ben's dates' dress. Looks like the (not leave much to the imaginationl) style dresses are 'in' this year. Out of all the dresses in their group, I think her's was most beautiful. Looking at those photos of the both of them in their white, I can imagine a very handsome groom someday. (I repeat-- SOMEDAY)

I personally think your mom's day sounded great. I remember a mother's day very much like that just 4 years ago. I had 30 kids spend the night at my house for after-prom and I was up making breakfast for everyone. I miss those days. Maybe someday again with Maddy - if I'm not to old by then.. lol

Anonymous said...

I tried to see Talicee's referral pictures but alas, couldn't find them. Congratulations on three years with your beautiful Hubei Hottie!