Friday, April 16, 2010

CALL ME A WORKING WOMAN

I started my new job yesterday. I am sitting for 9 1/2 month old twins. They are not identical and very different personalities. All in all they were good yesterday. Lunch time as challenging. It took us 1 1/2 hours to eat lunch. Then down for a good nap. I actually stopped for a minute while they were asleep and Miss Talicee was napping.

Talicee is doing well with them. She gives them a bottle and helps feed them. She loves to be the mommy. I was suppose to have them only 2 days this month, but found out today that I have them full time starting Monday.

Yesterday afternoon, I started working on dinner. Well, here is how it goes. Babies are playing in the den. I start the pasta water. It boils over and burns on the eye. Move it to another eye, pasta falls out and begins to burn on the eye. Can you say horrible smell. Cornbread in oven. Babies mother arrives. Forget the pasta and it burns, cornbread burns in oven. Ok, eat what we could. Leave mess in kitchen while I go to pick Taylor to go mow his yard for extra money for missions trip. Arrive at home at 8:00 with a stinky house. I gave up and went to bed. Now you can laugh. My whole family is laughing because I am usually not like this. It was like someone kidnapped my mind.

Hoping today is a better day. Wish me luck.

Photobucket

4 comments:

trina said...

This is my day everyday. :) I need a vacation.

Sue Lucas said...

Hey Kim it will take a little while to get it all together but you will. When I started home daycare in January with only one it was like that thenJan18th I got another then march 8 I got one more and it is still like that all though my little one year olds Mom last day was yesterday (she did taxes for an accounting firm)So it seemed like a vacation!!

Casey said...

Great pics!!

So... Twins, huh? You are a brave woman :) Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you will get the hang of it. Your just a little rusty from not having a bunch of little ones under foot. I think it is wonderful that you are taking care of kids. Your a great mom and I know that you are a great sitter too! Give yourself a much needed pat on the back.