Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I took some of my Longaberger customers and recruits on a bus trip this weekend. This was the first time that I have been away from Talicee at all. She is with me 24/7. Well, I left at 5:15 a.m. on Sunday morning and did not return until 10:30 p.m. Monday night.
I was a little concerned. Randy was very comfortable taking care of the boys when I would have to be out of town. I was not sure about having a girl to take care. I left him 2 pages of what to do. I laid out all of her clothes down to the socks and shoes. I had every minute of her day on paper. So it was Sunday and I knew that the morning they would be in church. So I did not call. About 11:30 am my phone rang and it was Randy. I was shocked because he should have been in church. He was calling to let me know that Taylor had fallen down the steps with Talicee at church. NO ONE WAS HURT. Taylor has a bruise on his butt and back. He cradled his sister so that she would not get hurt. They had come home to just catch their breath before heading to the many activities that they had for the day. I am so glad that Taylor and Talicee are ok. Angels watching over. See every time I go out of town, something happens with the children.
I arrived at the destination. I did not call them any more because of how busy they were. So after dinner, I called to check on everyone. It was close to 9:00 p.m. Everyone was just about in bed. Just a few more things to do. Taylor was feeling better. I think getting a 100 on his hunter safety test really helped. I told them all good night and told them I would call in the morning. I forgot to take my charger for my phone, so I was down to 3 bars. I turned it off and went to bed.
I called the next morning to make sure everyone was getting ready for school. I was hoping that Randy was following the list I had made. You know men. Anyway, I was down to 2 bars on my phone. I told Randy that I was turning it off and if he needed anything to call mom or Melissa. They were on the trip with me. So our day went by, I got no call. We were headed home and I noticed that it was 2:15. Trevor gets off of the bus at 2:25. We have to pick him up at the end of the road or they will not let him off. I turned my phone back on. I had a text message at 8:34 a.m. Randy wanted to know when Talicee took her morning nap. Now, I told him that I was turning my phone off until we got ready to head home. Now why did he leave me a text message at that time? Men, you can't live with them or without them.
Anyway, Randy did a great job with 4 kids. All got to school and home safely. The all got there homework done. The house was even cleand when I got home. Talicee is a little clingy today. I guess she thinks I am going to leave her again. Sad thing is, I have a business meeting in NC on Thursday and I will be leaving her with her daddy again. What must this little girl be thinking.
I just wanted to share my experience this weekend. Men can do things if you leave instruction on how to do everything. (LOL)


Anonymous said...

It seems like Randy did great with the kids and even Taylor takes care of his sister in more ways than you thought. I am glad you got to get out a little. But, leaving the baby is always hard. Have a great time in NC.

Robin said...

Glad to hear DH did great with the kids but especially with Talicee. I will also have business trips to go on once we get Maddy. I've often wondered how my DH would do alone. I have Hope~! :-)