Monday, May 14, 2007


Happy Mother's Day Li Li Qun's Birthmother and Foster Family
I wanted to write this yesterday during the Mother's Day holiday, but the tears just kept coming and I could not write it.
I want to thank Li Li Qun's birthmother for the indescribable gift that she gave the Landes family. We will never know why she chose to give her child up. Deep down in her heart she still loves this little girl. I hope that on Mother's Day that she knew that her little girl is loved so much that she would smile just thinking of it. I know that she is heart broken, but has comfort that she is in a good home with some much love she does not know what to do.
I also want to thank the foster family that took care of our little girl for 8 months. They too made a choice to give up this child. I hope that they know that Li Li is loved beyond anything possible.
As tears are streaming down my face even writing this today, I know what a gift from God we have. God made this Mother's Day possible for me.
Journey to Me has been updated!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

laurel said...

Loved your posts. We feel the same toward Maylin's birth mom and foster mom. You can just see how much you all love each other!

Anonymous said...

You said it incredibly well..so many of us with the same emotions on Mother's Day...the gratitude for birth parents and foster parents. Every day is a gift and every day is pure joy!

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Nadine