Thursday, May 24, 2007

MAY 23, 2006

As I write this, I am still nervous and the tears are still streaming down my face. The rest of my life on these days, I will always have tears for the wonderful gift God has given us.

I remember the next few days as though they had happened yesterday. Since April 2006 referrals came out, I had been avoiding the computer and anything that had to do with rumors about the May referrals. See we missed the cutoff by 3 days in April.

I had not slept through the night since we began our process to bring our sweet little girl home from China. Well, May 22, 2006, I slept all night long. I was not tired, but just slept. So on May 23, 2006, I logged onto my computer and what to my wondering eyes did I see, but that referrals were due on May 25, 2006. Remember I had been avoiding looking on the computer. My heart was pumping. The cutoff was June 15th . We were in this batch of referrals. We would know on Thursday, May 25th for sure if our daughter would be in this batch. I was nervous. I wanted to see her now, but knew that I would have to wait. On Friday, May 26th, we would finally get to see and hear about our beautiful daughter. Our family puzzle piece that was missing was going to be found.

God granted me sleep so that I would have a fresh mind and body to endure the wonderful gift he was about to hand me. Tears a following now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

laurel said...

It truly is an emotional time. We will always remember it too. Isn't it great to have milestones. They're just one more excuse to get a hug.