Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wow, what a difference 10 months makes

I can hardly believe time is going so fast. I know I say this every month around special days. But it just seems to be slipping away second by second. Miss Talicee is growing by leaps and bounds. She now weighs 22 lbs. and is 31 inches long. We are very glad that she has gained some weight. We were beginning to wonder if she was going to be 20 lbs forever. She is in 25% of American children. All of my children have been this way. God knew what he was doing when he gave her to us.

Miss Talicee's personality is coming out more and more. She is very loving and caring about her forever family. She is a little spicey girl also. She really knows what no means too. She is talking more and more. Now I wished she would sleep more and more. Until February, she slept through the night. Where did those days go?

Miss Talicee is more like a toddler now. She is walking everywhere. She is a climber also. I have never had a climber, so this is new to me. She also is a very nosey person. Nothing gets by her. She is very active. Most of my house is a wreck until she goes to bed. I have just began to wait until she goes to bed to pick up the many, many things she gets out. She is also a drawer dumper too. Everytime I go in her room, she has all of the drawers cleaned out. We are working on this one. I can not find any clothes that match. Did I mention that she was a Miss Diva. As you can see in the following pictures, she is a fulled blooded diva. Oh, what will an all boy family do with this diva?

May is our month of Referral. To be exact, May 26th is the day. Make sure you check back and see what a year makes in a life of a child that was born 1/2 world away in to this crazy family.

All dressed up to go to my first Mother/Daughter Banquet

My mom has always wanted to go to a Mother/Daughter banquet with her own daughter. I fullfilled this dream of her's this year. I had so much fun seeing my mom beam with joy that I am in her life.

Here I am cutting my toe nails. I will be getting a pedicure in a short while. I know my mom loves these. I am looking forward to many pedicures with my mom.



I am taking my toe nail polish off, so that I can get ready for my pedicure. This is so relaxing for me and mom.


Miss Diva with brother's underwear. He was in the shower, so I stole his underwear and I am wearing them as I sneak away.
I love to do all of the things that my mom does. When she puts on her make up, I put mine on. When she takes it off, I take mine off. I love shoes like my mom. I wear hers all of the time. The shoes I wear are so much fun to take off. I like others shoes. I do choose the clothes that I will wear for the day. I like most of them, but some I would never wear. I guess I am just getting ready for the teen years. My mom says that I am 19 months going on 19 years old.



Trevor, with some of his hardwear that he received at the awana closing program. He received many, many awards. He has been working hard for 3 years and it paid off. He will be moving up to another age group next year.
JOURNEY TO ME HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 1 year from referral date. What a difference one year makes!! It is so fun to see the Miss Diva pics..I especially liked the sneak away in brother's underwear picture!
I'm glad that Talicee is finally gaining weight and growing. Emily is in the 10th percentile for weight and height. She doesn't eat much unless it is a little bit of something on the floor she is not supposed to eat to we are a bit worried about the weight gain thing..Nice to see some hope through Talicee's growth! Here's hoping for a restful night of sleep..for all of us!!