Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Stressed



Ok stressed may not be the word to use right now. Please blogger friends tell me it will get better. If not, I think I may take up drinking as a habit.

It all started last Friday. We had a Christian comedian concert at Church. So I knew we had to be there early to get a seat. Mom and Dad were going with us also. In the meantime, I had to get Taylor to meet my sister. He was going turkey hunting for Junior day with my brother-in-law. That meant that Randy had to be home before 3:00 to get Trevor and Miss Talicee. Tyler had baseball practice, but had to be at church early too. So the stress begins. 2:55, Randy is still not here. I have to pick Taylor up at 3:20. It takes 15 minutes to get to school. I am ranting and raving. (no not me) Ok, quite laughing. Finally at 3:05 he shows up. Out the door I go. Left all instructions for Randy. He was to leave Trevor in line at church and run to a friends house to get stuff for our Missions yard sale on Saturday. Did I mention that it has rained and rained FOREVER. I picked Taylor up and up the interstate we go. Well, wouldn't you know there are idiots on the interstate. By the time I got to meet my sister, my stress level was over the top. I knew that traffic would be backed up on the other side of the interstate so I went the back way. Of course, that was backed up too. It too me 2 1/2 hours to get home from a 45 minute trip. I arrived at church a 6:00. Randy did do something right. He was in line at church for the concert. He had not picked up the items for the yard sale. Men. The concert was great. I needed a laugh. We got home late on Friday night. Miss Talicee was not in a good mood.
Saturday, our yard sale was to start at 8:00. We knew we had to get up early and load the car. It was suppose to rain very hard Friday night, so we did not think we would have it. Well, guess what, it did not rain a drop. So off we go like made people loading the cars. As we are loading them, it begins to sprinkle. We decided to head on to the church. When we arrived, nothing was set up. They were deciding whether to have it or not. (I am still stressed). We decided to have it. I was not taking the stuff back home. I am glad we did, the boys made enough money to make their next deposit. During the yard sale, we had to get lunch and take Trevor to ball practice. Since it had rained for days now, we were not sure whether he was having it or not. He did for a little while. Trevor was fine when he left for practice. Randy brought him home and he was sick. We had to pick Taylor up, so he had to ride with us. He slept all of the way. I knew he was sick. Did I mention that this added more stress. So about 1:00 a.m. Trevor got sick. Just another thing to add to the level. Taylor stayed home with Trevor while I went to church. Randy went home to see his family. Well, when I went to pick Miss Talicee up in the nursery, she had been moved again. She was in another room. Her shoes where off and in another room, her cup was in another room and her diaper bag was in another room. Did I mention I was stressed. Well, this just added on top of my stress. I was so mad by the time I gathered all of her things and headed to the car. Trevor was still sick and had not moved from the bed all day.
Monday he did not go to school. He just laid around. I cleaned house. While finishing one room, I go back to the previous room that I just cleaned and it is a mess again. Miss Talicee seems to get into everything. So I am really stressed again. Thank heavens Trevor was feeling better by mid day. Of course Tyler had a ballgame Monday night away. Just what I did not need. So we rushed Trevor to our friends to take him to practice and then headed across town to Tyler's game. He did get to play. I am so tired of sitting and watching ballgames in the blizzard cold. During football season, it was so warm that we were wearing shorts in October. Ok, I am stressed.
Yesterday, was even worse. I pay bills and work on my business on Tuesdays. Yes, I am OCD. Since Miss Talicee has been trying to use the potty, I thought I would put underwear on her.



New underwear

I was taking her about every 30 minutes. Well, time was just going by and I heard her in the bathroom. I heard the lid on the comode fall. I knew this was not good. I went in and she had opened a pack of Kool Aid in the toliet. Yes, it was red. Stress level off the charts. She had done so well with keeping dry. I put her in the corner. I forgot that she had on underwear. Yes, you guessed it, she got mad and peed in the floor. Stress level not even registering. So after an early lunch, she and I both took a nap. We had another baseball game, and of course Randy was very late for it. So I had to feed the kids and pack up the car and get to the game in one piece. Thank goodness for the smaller kids wanting to play with Miss Talicee. Otherwise, she may have been out on the field with the team. My stress level is just gone overboard.

So Today, yes it gets better. About 1:00 a.m. this morning, Trevor wakes me up and says he is sick again. Thanks. So I took care of him and went back to bed. About 4:30, I hear Miss Talicee crying. Not whinning, crying. So I go in there and guess what. She has stripped her pjs off, her diaper off and her bed is wet. Ok, stress level back up. I get her out and put a diaper back on and put her in my bed. Her gi gi and blanket are wet, so she gets nothing to sleep with. I am not happy. Randy comes upstairs and just laughs at Miss Talicee. Wrong thing to do. So needless to say my day started off wrong. Thank God the sun will shine today. Keep watching, we have another ballgame tonight and the kids get out of school an hour early today then off on Friday. What is wrong with the schools. I need my time.

Please tell me that the girly 2 year old will get better soon. If not, I will be crazy before she is 3. Ok, now you can laugh at me. Yes, I had it easy with 3 boys. This is why God chose me to have boys instead of girls. Pray for me.

I have a scrapbooking weekend planned for this weekend. I am sure going to take advantage of the time away. I deserve it.

UPDATE ON 4/9/08 AT 12:30 PM

I went downstairs after drying my hair. Little Miss perfect (not) Talicee was watching Kia Lan. As I rounded the corner, what to my wondering eyes did I see, but Miss Talicee with a red jello cup on my light gray carpet. Rules are no food or drink in the den for kids. You guessed it, I have been cleaning the rug most of the morning. Not very happy right now. Stress level beyond control. The saga continues. Melissa quite laughing. I can hear you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not laughing, I remember having lots of those days with the boys! My son Travis was my huge mess maker and was always able to talk others into doing what he wanted. So there was always a mess as well as someone needing me, or running around doing things for others. As far as the whole potty training thing, Talicee will get it. But it sounds like your going to have to clear your calendar and work with her for a week or so nonstop without any other distractions. Believe me, we all have our days with our kids AND husbands, and it does get better. Hugs to you, you sound like you need it, and hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...even a few of those events would put me over the edge but all combined! Sounds like you need some down time for yourself! Good luck and take care. I hope it gets better soon:) Our Emily hits the terrible twos this week and she has started showing true two colors as well:( Hang in there!

Susan Appleton said...

Kim, you are a HOOT! I know you were stressed, but please forgive me for sitting here just DYING laughing! The way you word things is just so darn funny! I can just picture it all and you about ready to pull your hair out! Hang in there my friend and think of all of us still waiting to experience these "joys of motherhood!" One day you'll be laughing at me when I'm stressed to oblivion!
Susan

The Landes Family said...

Now that I have been away from the house, I am a little more in control. Yes, you can laugh. I know that my family is laughing. All of you are so sweet to comment.

laurel said...

Life is stress. It gets better, just long enough for us to build up for another stressful time. Hang in there. It will pass. Sounds like Talicee likes red. Ugh! That would have killed me alone, can't imagine with everything else you are dealing with. Good luck