Saturday, October 25, 2008

It has been a long weekend and it is just Saturday night
Yes these are gross pictures. And yes, I feel horrible for Tyler. And yes I am a walking zombie.
We have had ballgames and things to do all week long. So Friday we went to Tyler's ballgame out of town. It was rainy and cold. Tyler's team was loosing. He had the ball and was knocked out of bounds and then hit in the head with the other guys helmet. THIS IS AN ILLEGAL HIT. So you think that the refrees called it. NO. Anyway, Tyler got up and started stumbling. The he had to sat down. He was dizzy. Come to find out he had a huge cut on his knee. I went down to him, and he said he was fine and waited a little while and then went back in.
After the game, we talked to him and he showed us where he was taped up and said that he was fine and would see us at home. About 12:30 he texted us and said that he was on his way home. About 1:15 he comes in. I could tell that he was not right. A mother knows how her child should be acting. He was slurring his words and was just not making sense about anything. I began to get concerned.
We headed off to the emergency room. Got there at 2:00 a.m and was taken right in because it could be a concussion. The Dr. came in and checked him. He did not have a concussion, but his knee was cut really bad. It would need stitches. The reason he was slurring his words and just feeling yucky was that he had lost a lot of blood, played 2 hours of ball and then had a little bit to eat. His body was telling him something was wrong.
The doctor came in and talked to him about stitches. Well, Tyler told him straight up, Friday night is my last home game as a senior, I am going to play. The Dr. agreed that he could have his stitches taken out on Friday and play. So he is sporting 11 stitches in his knee.
After 4 hours in the ER, we finally got home. Oh, we did stop at Hardees for a biscuit. Best time to go is early in the morning when the biscuits are fresh. We got home at 6:00 am. We headed to bed. Randy had a meeting so he was getting up. I can say when Tyler got up this afternoon, he was really sore. Thank goodness for pain pills.
He will be playing on Friday. The stitches will be out. Notice the pictures that I have attached. He took them to send to his friend. They love stuff like this. I think it is just gross. I did get about 3 hours of sleep, so I am headed off to bed right now.
His team did when the ballgame.

Before stitches

After 11 stiches


Susan Appleton said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew, what a nasty injury! Makes my knee hurt just looking at it! I'm glad he didn't have a concussion! Tell him to take it easy on that knee and then he'll be all ready to play on Friday!!!!
Get some rest Momma! Oh boy, I really do have a lot to get ready for as a new-mommy-to-be!
I hope the Fall Get-together was a big success. Did you guys take pictures????
Love ya girl!

Becky said...

What an awful thing to have happen! I feel so sorry for him and for is really stressful to watch your kids be in pain. I hope he heals quickly and is back up and well soon!