Saturday, November 15, 2008

HAWAII IS GREAT (Sunday)



Since I lost internet service, I have to go back and think about what we did on each day.

Sunday we woke up early. Randy had a meeting at 7:30. Of course here waking up early is no big deal. Since it has been so nice, we have been sleeping with the doors open at night. We can hear the ocean hit the coral and it is so relaxing.

Randy went to his meeting and I went and read while waiting on my massage. While reading, the birds would just come right in and sit on the table beside me. Most places over here are open air. It is amazing how close the birds will come to you.

My massage was so good and relaxing. I sat in the steam room for a while. Then I got into the jacuzzi before having the massage. The girl was so gentle. I felt like a rubber band when I was done. At the spa, I did not have to provide anything. They had it all. I liked the outdoor shower. No it was not in public, but it was open air. Walked out of the spa all ready to begin our day of site seeing.

We left for Kola Town. This is a little town that is just right down the road from our resort. We had lunch at Tomkats. I had the best cheeseburger I have had in a while. We spend most of the day here. We had to be back for our Luau at 6:00. Glad we got in line early. It was a sold out crowd.

We really enjoyed the luau. Did not know what to expect. The entertainment was well worth the money. The food, was out of this world. Yes, Randy tasted the poi. No, he did not like the stuff. The pig was awesome. It is cooked outside in an emu. The state of Hawaii will not let you cook the pig with the luau. It most be done somewhere else and brought to the luau. Still we got the effect of the cooking. They walked the pig out on a grate and showed us before cutting it up for dinner. Many Hawaiian foods were on the luau. I was in heaven since I like coconut. Many items with coconut. On the other hand, Randy avoided the coconut. Not is favorite. After the luau, we had pictures made with some of the cast members. We had a great time.

Tomorrow is a relaxing day. It is the final meeting of our convention. We have a formal dinner and then most of the group will fly out on Tuesday. We will be snorkeling with the turtles tomorrow.



No comments: