Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick, Busy and Very Frustrated




Well, you guessed it. We have been busy, busy, busy.

Saturday, after our Welcome Home party for Miss Lainey, we had another birthday party to attend. This was our good friend's Karen 50th birthday. She really enjoyed us showering her with love and of course gifts.

Sunday, was busy also. We went to pick up the boys from my parents. Since this took all day, Miss Talicee did not get much of a nap. But surprisingly she did really well. She had her Valentine's party at church. Of course she got candy, which she loves.

Monday, she partied again. She has a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese. She has never been there, so it was a little overwhelming to her. I can say that she hates the Chuckie Cheese person. She just rolls up in a ball and shakes when he comes around. So I guess we will not be doing any birthdays at Chuckie Cheese. Over all, she enjoyed playing with her friends.

Tuesday was purple day at school. She got to wear her outfit that Miss Becky made for her. I love Miss Becky's work. Talicee looks so cute in it. After I picked Miss Talicee up, I was not feeling well. Coughing, scratchy throat and in general not feeling well. I had a conference call with my Longaberger branch and by the time I got off of that, I was really getting sick.

Yesterday was really bad. I did not sleep Tuesday night and was really sick when I got up on Wednesday. Of course, we had haircuts on Wednesday. Getting haircuts is like getting a dentist appointment. Once you have it, DO NOT CHANGE IT. So I went to my hair appointment with my Clorox wipes. By the time I got home, I could not even walk.

You know you are really sick when:

You lay down in the bed and it hurts your body

It is 70 degrees outside and you have a heating pad, blankets and flannel pjs on

You don't eat all day

You take medicine to make you sleep and are up all night

The only thing that makes you feel better is a hot bath 3 times a day

You cough and you feel like you have a hernia

When brushing your teeth, with an electric tooth brush, and have to stop because your head is spinning

Get how I am feeling.

Today was Miss Talicee preschool Valentine's party. I was in charge of the craft. Well, the craft went and I stayed home. I sure do not want to give this junk to the kids. I hate to miss her party, but I respect the kids too much.

Hopefully, this will be a slow weekend and I can get back to normal. What is normal anyway. Can you tell, I can't do much but sit in bed and type on my computer. Not enough energy to to anything else.

While I am typing let me vent a little. Is anyone else tired of living in a box. I go to the grocery store and food is just outrageous. Gas has come down, but everyday the price changes. When you are in business for yourself, you expect people to pay you for work performed. This is what is getting me so frustrated. This big companies think that the little companies can just stay in business and they can pay any time they want. NOT. I am so frustrated with waiting to be paid. Yes, the economy is bad, but the work is done, now pay me. I have to live and eat too.

Ok, I know you are tired of hearing about my problems. Lets just pray that things change soon or I don't know what we are going to do.

Enjoy the pictures. They are from this weekend and this week.




1 comment:

trina said...

Hope you are feeling better now!!! Being sick is NO fun!