Wednesday, October 27, 2010

UPDATE ON MISS TALICEE (and brothers too)




Miss Talicee had a 5 year check up yesterday. Lets say that going to the Dr. and Dentist is not for her. She had a good report. I think this is the first time we have been to the Dr. in over a year. I can say my kids are pretty healthy kids. Now, someone will get sick since I said this.

Anyway, she weighs 33 pounds and is 40 inches tall. She is still very little for her age, but most Asian children are. I am not worried because my American children were like this too. She did get the nasal flu mist. You would have thought that someone was cutting into her. She screamed and cried. Why I have no idea. At least we did not get kicked out of the Dr.'s office like we did the Dentist office.

Miss Talicee is doing great in Kindergarten. We get her 9 weeks report card tomorrow. I did not have to do a Parent/Teacher conference. So I guess she is doing ok in school. She is learning cursive writing, Spanish, sign language and all of the other Kindergarten things you learn. She loves going to school. Still having the attitude in the afternoons of being tired and the I don't want to do it thing, but that will eventually, I hope, go away. It is a hard day from 8:30 to 2:30 and no nap. I am so glad I started her. She was way ready. A mother knows what her child needs and this was what she needed. Can't wait to see her report card.

Trevor made the honor roll this six weeks. Taylor will next six weeks. He has Chemistry and Trig this semester and with football, there is not enough time to do it all. As of now he is on the honor roll. Football is just about over and we will have a break for about a month. At least to catch our breath, then into basketball, cheerleading and weight lifting. It never stops. Tyler is doing great in college. Looking to get an apartment and start living on his own for a while. I am not looking forward to this. It means another string is cut. Not many left before he is totally out of my control.

The twins are doing great. They are now 16 months old. I have had them for 6 months now. They are walking and into everything. Yesterday they got the phone and called Mr. Randy. He called me back and asked who had called him. He said he could hear little voices laughing, so he knew they had gotten the phone. Glad it was him and not a long distance person. My bill is expensive enough. The girls are loving the holidays. Each month I decorate with that holiday. This month has been Halloween. They have had fun playing with the pumpkins and all of the other decorations. Just wondering about my Christmas tree. Will it be safe? LOL

Randy has been released to drive. They found nothing wrong with him. So I guess it was just one of those things. He has been out of town since before his accident. So ready for him to be at home again. I did not sign up to be a single parent. I was so tired last night that I did not even hear him call. Life just keeps plugging along here. Got to do what you got to do.

I do have to say that I did get a break last Friday. Miss Talicee and I went Christmas shopping. Retail Therapy does a girl good. I am almost finished with Christmas shopping. All of what I have bought is wrapped and ready to go. I know you hate me, but this is how I enjoy the Holidays. I do not go to the malls after Thanksgiving.


Photobucket

No comments: