Sunday, July 10, 2011

FOREVER A FAMILY FOR 5 YEARS

I can not believe that Miss Talicee has been in our family for 5 years now. I don't even think of her as being adopted. She is just like my bio children. She has been a joy to our family. She loves her brothers more than the world. When they are not here, she wants to know where they are and when they will be back.

So many changes have happened since the first day we held this precious little girl. When we got her, she was just learning to sit up. The pictures that the orphanage sent us of her standing were not real. Her legs were so weak. She could hardly sit up. She was one of the younger ones of our group. She would not eat for us at all. For a child who would not eat, she sure has made up for the difference. She loves fruit and veggies. Not much of a meat eater. She is a very healthy little girl. She is also very smart. She started kindergarten last year and I am so glad that I started her. On her Stamford testing she scored advanced. She will be going into the 1st grade in the Fall.

One thing that we have learned is that she is a talker. Even in her sleep. LOL. She is very different than her brothers. And yes she is very spoiled by everyone in our families. Of course, she is the baby of the family. She is very tall. She weighs 35 pounds at 5 1/2 years old. She is so excited about loosing teeth. The peds dentist said they were not loose yet, but don't tell her. Since a lot of her Hubei sisters are loosing their teeth, she wants to too.

I am so glad that God made this plan for us. I never dreamed that I would have such a beautiful China doll. I give all the glory to him.

p.s. Just a quick update to our on going problems with the IRS. According to our tax advisor, we would not know anything until after July 20th. If we got the refund, we would not get it until September at the latest. Well, to my surprise, the refund was placed in my account yesterday. I went to check what checks had cleared and I was so surprised. All in his time. Randy has gotten a paycheck from his business and we have gotten 2 paychecks from his part-time job. I get my first paycheck from the babies on Monday since the end of May. The twins have been gone all this week, so payday will be Monday. Things are looking up for us. I thank God everyday for allowing us to experience what we did. We have a new found appreciation of his faith.

HAPPY FOREVER FAMILY DAY MISS TALICEE

WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE WORLD

Getting ready to get on the bus. Happy girl now.
Going back to Hotel for the final adoption
She thought we were taking her back. This is Director Lee
Sitting for a little while by herself. It did not last long.
My little chunky monkey
Not sure about the water
This is Talicee right before we board the plane for Hong Kong. We had had her for 2 weeks and she was sitting by herself. This is what she thought of her bottle. Upside down.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Oh, what sweet pics, bringing back memories.

I'm glad things are going well regarding your finances.