Saturday, December 03, 2011

THANKSGIVING 2011

This Thanksgiving sure was a different one for our family. For 19 years I have always had my children here for Thanksgiving. This year we let Tyler go to Michigan with his girlfriend's family. But I got a call about 3:00 p.m. This is what time we usually eat dinner on Thanksgiving. It was Tyler and he was calling to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving. I had just taken out his favorite part of the whole dinner, the rolls. Yes, I cried when he called. I think he was just a little homesick for us when he called.

We had a great relaxing dinner. Randy's parents, his aunt and uncle and my parents came for dinner. I cooked everything but the dessert. If I do say so myself, it was really good. I do have to admit, I was worried about the turkey. I put the turkey in about 7:00 a.m. I knew it needed to come out about 11:30 or 12:00. This turkey was suppose to have a pop up button when it is done. Well, I could not find it, I just figured that they had forgotten to put it in. Checked the temp and turkey was ready. When it was time to cut the turkey, Randy said something is not right. After a quick searched, he realized I had baked the turkey upside down. Needless to say, it was really good. So there was really to pop up timer after all.

After dinner, we cleaned up and headed to my parents house. We were now 2 kids short. Taylor had to be at work the next day at 10:00 a.m. So there was no reason for him to drive an hour and 1/2 up the interstate to turn right back around and come back. So we only had two kids for our second Thanksgiving.

Friday, Nov. 25th was my daddy's birthday. We had an early lunch and then opened presents. The picture of the motorcycle is done by my cousin's husband. He has a brain tumor and auction off these drawings to pay for his medical care. Dad loves nut crackers, so when I find one that he does not have, I get it. This one is a music box and the arms and mouth move.

After cleaning up, Mom, my sister and I headed out for the annual Black Friday shopping. I was out to finish Randy's Christmas. And I did. We always have so much fun. We laugh so hard at times that we cry. So relaxing. Takes away all of your cares.

So Thankful for my family.



Photobucket

No comments: