Saturday, August 04, 2012

LETTERS

If you don't know by now, my oldest son is spending his summer in Ft. Benning, Ga doing basic training for the National Guard.  He wants to be a State Trooper and then maybe work his way into something Federal.  So having some military training will get in him a little be quicker.  I had a really hard time with him being gone with no contact except letters and a phone call once a week.  If the boys were good, he got to call home.  Missed a few calls.  

I got so excited when I would get a letter in the mail.  The first letter was not very encouraging.  I could tell he was not happy and maybe a little home sick.  The first call was the same way.  The next letter was better. The others have been even better.  Facebook has been great.  We have a page where we can get messages and pictures of what they are doing.  I have a few pictures of him on my page from training.

We are on the count down now.  17 days before I get to see him.  Lindsay and I are flying down and spending family day with him.  Then Graduation the next day and we fly back with him in tow.  He will miss a week of school, but got all that taken care of yesterday.  One less thing on my list.  Can't wait to see him.  He has lost so much weight.  Good thing cause that college weight caught up with him.  We plan on doing something for him when he gets back since he turned 21 (yes 21) while he was there.  Counting the days and can't wait.
 
Photobucket

No comments: