Sunday, June 03, 2007

20 MONTHS OLD TODAY
I am just tooooooo cute
Did I mention 20 months going on 20 yrs old

Do they fit Mommy?

Off to another world wind tour



It happened again. The time just got away from me. Miss Talicee is 20 months old today. How could that be. Just this time last year she was 8 months old. Oh how time flies.

What can I say about our little angel. She is just so perfect. I know every parent thinks that. I just never knew how wonderful having a girl could be. She is such a girly girly too. I just knew having 3 boys that she would be a tomboy. No she is a girly girl. She loves her baby dolls. She is so gentle to them. She will wrap them up in a blanket and feed them or stroll them around. It is so sweet. This is what I liked to do when I was little.

Miss Talicee is now 22 lbs and 31 inches long. She is still very little. 10%tile in the American children. All my children are very small as you can see in the pictures. She is a grazer when it come to eating. She will eat all day long. We had a double hitter yesterday and during the whole game she did nothing but graze on food. She is talking more. When she wants a snack, did I mention all of the time, she will go to the pantry and say "nack."Now if you do not hear her, she will come running and yelling "nack."

This little girl loves the water. Since she likes it so much, we have to stay in the baby pool. She will just walk right into the deep in without thinking if I would let her. So we will stay in the fenced area this year and see what happens. She seems to be very happy there. She has taken over ownership of the baby pool. She will get in and out on her own. She loves to fill the little pool on her float up. It just amazes me to watch what she does. She is so smart. (all of my kids are smart).

I do have to say, after about 2 1/2 months, since she was sick in Feb., she has begun to sleep through the night again. This was something new for us. Ever since she was placed into our arms, she has slept through the night. There have been a few occasions, but for the most part she has. Well, when she got sick, that just sent her world into a tailspin. She would sleep until about 2:00 am and then would not go back to sleep until she was in our bed. This makes for a very long day. About a week ago, we would wake up and wonder what was going on. I would sneak into her room and praise God she was sound to sleep. It is amazing what a good night's sleep can do for parents and children. I am praising God for this all night sleep.

I still just sit and watch Miss Talicee. I am just at awe with her still. I for one can not believe that I finally have all that I have ever dreamed of. That would be my 4 wonderful children. Adding a girl into this boy family is so great. Everyone gets along. Yes, we are a family and the children do have their moments, but for the most part there is peace. As I watch each one meet another milestone this month, I just pray that they have God in their hearts and that they will follow their dreams. With God's help they can be and do anything they want to.

June is a big month for the Landes Family. This time last year was when all of the activity was about to start with travel for our little girl. I can not believe that a year is come and almost gone. I will be reliving some of these milestones during June. It is like it was yesterday. So if you see something that you think you have seen before, you probably had. As I am recording all of this for Miss Talicee when she is ready to read and understand how her life changed within a matter of seconds. Next month will be our 1 year Forever Family Day. We have big plans for that day. So keep visiting and reading about how our lives changed so quickly.

If you are reading this and have not signed our questbook, please do so. We would love to know who is following our adventure. The guestbook is located at the top of the right hand corner. Thanks for following our journey. It changes by the hour with 4 kids.





*****JOURNEY TO ME HAS BEEN UPDATED*****



3 comments:

laurel said...

She is so cute. Her hair is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Talicee is growing up so fast. Emily is also in the 10th percentile. Maybe girls from Hubei are just tiny??? Congratulations on your year mark!

Beth and Shayna said...

Too cute, Shayna and Talicee will look so cute together in CO!