Tuesday, July 10, 2007


















Our Forever Family Day Anniversary


Today marks the 1 year anniversary of our Family Day. Where has our year gone? Many Many changes have occurred during this year.

This time last year, Miss Talicee hated us. She screamed when she was placed in our arms. And continued to scream until she feel asleep in my arms on the bus back to the hotel. After a good bath and a nap, we were her world. We continue to be her world.

We have celebrated all of our first holidays with her. We have been through sicknesses with her and I know there will be plenty more. She continues to thrive. She is 22 lbs now. According to the scales in China she was 22lbs then too. She is getting taller and finally is getting more teeth. When we got her she could barely sit up. She now is walking and running everywhere. She would not eat for us while in China. Now this is all that she does. She is considered a grazer. She eats 24 hours a day. She loves fruit. So I guess this is a good thing. She is talking more and more. We get a few 2 words together. She will repeat whatever you say. She loves to play and get into everything. Now we are looking for the themometor. She loves her brothers. She can say all of their names. She loves mommy and daddy. She is attached to my hip. Right now that is a little tough. My ankle was getting better and I could walk with out a crutch yesterday. Well, while at the pool, Miss Talicee took a dive and I jumped up and grabbed her. Forgetting about my ankle, so I reinjured it again. What we do for our children.

I don't remember my world with out my little girl and my boys. I am so thankful that God allowed me to parent these wonderful children. Words can not express the love we have for our children. She has brought such joy to our family. Never knew what adding a girl to the all boy mix could mean. Yes, I am crying again. I am just so thankful for everything that I have. We are looking forward to many, many more years with our wonderful family.

As I remember today, I think about Miss Talicee's foster family. I want them to know that she is doing great and is very happy. I pray for them everydays. I feel that they were in the parking lot of the hotel when we got her on this glorious day. I also pray for Miss Talicee bio parents. I want them to know that they child that they gave up is in a wonderful home and is learning about our Saviour everyday. What a gift they gave us.

5 comments:

Bobby and Regina said...

Well, as if I am not emotional enough!!! : ) you made me cry some more! good tears, though, because I know that Talicee is where she is supposed to be! God had her life all planned out before she came into the world!

Love,
Regina

Robin said...

WOW..has it been a year already? Where has time gone. It seems like the wait has been forever but when I look back at my blogs celebrating one year together, I'm thinking it really hasn't been that long after all. I'm sure you feel the time has just flown by.

Miss Talicee sure is a sweetie! And, I know she is loved to death by those big brothers (as well as mommy and daddy)

Happy 1 year together as a Forever Family.

Rydley said...

I realized that we must have received our daughters on the same day as our Family day was yesterday as well. Jia was also wearing the same outfit! Where in Hubei is Talicee from? Jia is from Qichun. (Maybe I knew all this already and am just tired...)

Beth and Shayna said...

Wow, what a difference a year makes. And I am emotional right there with you sweetie. I am so glad you were with all the kiddos and celebrated with all the love in the world!

laurel said...

Congratulations! What a great family. Your daughter, well all your kids, are lucky to have you as parents.