Monday, July 09, 2007



The Smith's (our travel mates) and our Trip Home from Denver
Well, after our wonderful picnic with CCAI, Talice and I went over to Greg and Rise's house for a play group. We first stopped at this wonderful Chinese rest. It was out of this world. Thank you guys for buying my dinner. We then headed to their house for some girl play time. Along the way, I took in all of the beautiful sights of Denver. They live in a great neighborhood and the view is breath taking. Lilly and Talicee played and played. After a few hours, I knew it was time to take Miss Talicee back to the hotel. We had a very early flight out because it was Father's Day. So after many pictures, many tears and goodbyes we headed on our way. Miss Talicee and I would like to thank Greg, Rise and Miss Lilly for welcoming us into their home. It is beautiful. I wanted to stay and stay and catch up on things. Miss Talicee was ready for bed.
Greg gave us directions back to the hotel and we were back there in about 30 minutes. Denver is a city that is spread out. We had no problem with the directions. As I was driving, I was taking in the beauty of the city. I have said before, I would move there in a heart beat. Anyway, after packing and giving Miss Talicee a bath, we went to bed. We needed to leave the hotel at 3:30a.m. to get to our flight on time.
We had no trouble. I had been in Denver for a few days and was learning my way around. I did miss one turn going to the airport, but got right back on. We arrived in plenty of time. Everyone was so nice. Since I was alone with a baby, people we eager to help me. Miss Talicee and I strolled around the airport looking at the sights. We had breakfast and then boarded our plane. We were due into Chicago at 10:30a.m.. We arrived right on time. We found out gate and then had some lunch. Miss Talicee entertained everyone with her squeaky shoes and her sweet personality. We then caught our plane home to Roanoke. It was not full so she had a seat all to herself. She was in heaven. We arrived in Roanoke about an hour early. We waited on Randy and the boys to come and get us. We then went to Outback for Father's Day. We have been doing this since Tyler was born. (16 years). We came home and relaxed.
I do have to admit, I am very organized, but after this trip, I was a little behind. We then had to pack for our vacation. No rest for the werry.
Thanks to all of the families that hosted us while we were in China. We met so many of our CCAI families. I wished we lived closer. Whenever you are in Va, please come and stay with us. Our door is always open. We love and miss everyone of you guys.

No comments: