Thursday, July 05, 2007

OUR LAST FIRST HOLIDAY WITH OUR ANGEL

No July 5th in 2006


Well, this time last year, July 5th did not exist. We flew out on July 4th from the US and then arrived at 6:30 a.m. in Beijing, China on July 6th. So July 5th was not a day for us. This is really strange isn't it. Anyway, we celebrated Miss Talicee's last first holiday yesterday.
We spent 1/2 of the day at the pool. Miss Talicee just loves the water and loves being in the baby pool. Like I have said before, if we are not in the baby pool, she will just jump in the big pool and never think about what she is doing. At least being in the baby pool, there is a fence that protects the children from the big pool.
We then came home and put our angel down for a nap. I needed to put some ice on my ankle. I hate not being able to walk. When will this end? We then headed to our wonderful friends house for a cook out with all of our friends. It is so nice to be able to share holidays with our friends. The food is always good too. Since I have dial up, I took my computer to their house and worked on the slide show from the Denver CCAI reunion. They have wireless. I went to save it and something happened and it disappeared. So I will try later to recreate it. I love high speed. Living in the mountains does limit you some.
We went to watch fireworks after our wonderful cookout. I was not sure how Miss Talicee would react to them. I know that my boys did not like them at first. I have one that hated them for the longest time. She loved the fireworks. She just was so excited about them. She would say WOW everytime she saw one. What a way to celebrate our last first holiday. Notice the picture, she is praying to God for her loving family.

As the next 2 weeks progress, feel free to go back to our Journey to Me website and read about our travels to our China angel. I will be updating the JTM for Miss Talicee to have in years to come. You can view this sight by going to the right and look under Hubei sisters. Click on Talicee and our journey will come up. Emotional days ahead for me.

2 comments:

Beth and Shayna said...

Happy 4th. I am so glad Miss Talicee loved the fireworks. Miss Shayna did not see the big display, but maybe next year. I am so bummed you lost the slide show. I cannot wait to see it.

Wow, it was a year ago already? I love looking back. We are so much alike in that way. Here is to many more holidays with Miss Talicee.

laurel said...

Cute dress. She always looks so darling.