Monday, August 24, 2009

ALL IS QUIET ON THE HOMEFRONT TODAY

Well, ALL the kids are gone today. Miss Talicee went to spend the day with her grandparents. Sure is quiet around here.

My week went really well last week. After my pity party of why my baby had to grow up, things settled down. I asked for prayers for peace in the college situation and I got those prayers answered. Tyler called me, I DID NOT CALL HIM AT ALL. I have talked to him everyday. He is loving college so far. Today is the first day of classes, so we will see. I did miss him a little bit on Saturday. I went and laid on his bed and just reminanced about him. No, I did not cry. I know he is where he needs to be. I think he is missing that family time that we used to have. We ate as many meals together as we could when he was home and spent much time together as a family. Different for him now. It will take some getting used to. We do miss him being here. We have had to adjust our driving schedules around a lot. Now, I see how much we depended on Tyler for driving.

Busy week ahead. Football practice today, game tomorrow, football practice Wednesday, game on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It has started, so no more me time for about 3 months. Trevor and Miss Talicee have a sitter coming on Thursday. They have never had a sitter other than brothers and family to watch them. This is new to me too. I really like the lady we chose. I hope they do to.

Well, off to fill my free time today. What will I do??????????????????????????

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like all I do is run around now with Lilly being in school. I no sooner get her dropped off and then it seems it is time to get her. But she is loving school so much. I am glad to hear your doing better with Tyler being gone.

Casey said...

I think you should go pamper yourself in these quiet moments!! You raised a wonderful son who calls his Mama!! Not all college age boys do that!! I wish you peace in these days. I'm sure it is so tough to watch your baby go to college - even if you know that is where he belongs.

So... no more reading posts!! Go get a pedicure :)