Monday, April 18, 2011

PROM 2011

Wow what a week. It is getting to the end of school and we have so many things going on. And the rain is not helping. Saturday, we had a river going down our driveway and in our basement. Thank heavens it cleared up before the kids headed out for their prom.

On Friday Miss Talicee had a field trip for finishing her testing on Thursday. I did not have the girls because their grandparents wanted to spend sometime with them. So I did my pick ups for the After Prom Party. Then had lunch with my best friend Tammy. Came home and picked up the rest of the kids. Miss Talicee was so tired after her field trip. I was talking on the phone and missed her. I thought she was eating her snack at the kitchen table. But you know kids, they move so fast. I went to check on her and she was sound asleep with her head on the table. So cute.

Headed out to start decorating for the After Prom. Boy, this is a big job for the few parents that volunteer their time. Thanks to the weight lifting team for moving the tables for us. I got home about 9:30 and headed to bed. I knew I had a big day ahead of me on Saturday. Well, no thanks to my husband did I get any sleep. He woke me up at 1:30 snoring and I was awake for the LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG day. Headed out with Taylor for pictures and to pick up the flowers. It was pouring rain. Praying very hard for the rain to stop.

My parents came down to get the 2 little ones to stay with them while we did After Prom. They got to see Taylor all dressed up. If you know my Taylor, he is not one to dress up. He is a shorts and tee shirt guy. But I do have to say he looked very sharp. I just love those dimples of his. He is the only one that has those. He is also a charmer and the dimples do not help.

Got him dressed and over to his date's house by detour. We had a horrible rain storm about an hour before they left. It washed the main road out to her house so we had to go the back way. They looked so good together. This was her first prom too. Then they were going to eat at the mall and I heard on the radio that the mall was just opening back up after losing power. I knew where they were going to eat, they would have to wait. But gave them heads up on the details and they got right in after they reopened. Randy and I had dinner and was just relaxing before heading off to do our picks. We discussed what else could go wrong this night for the kids. Praise God they got where they we going and home safely. We all arrived about 4:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. Yes, it was a very long weekend and bedtimes came very early last night.

So far everyone got home safely Saturday night. This is the main goal of the After Prom. Once again a successful party. Now to continue with the madness of school ending. Enjoy the pictures. Had to add the one of our newest child, Roxey. She thinks she is human.



Anonymous said...

Send the rain here!! We are burning up! There are wild fires everywhere!

I loved the pictures as always! Talicee is so beautiful! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. And not only that but your boys are so handsome! Your definately blessed.

laurel said...

We are having a lot of rain here too.

Can't believe how big your kids are getting. We didn't do prom this time around.